When you name a color, your toddler has ten seconds to find something with that color in this wild tag game.
Toddler Activities from Familyeducation.com
Archive for April, 2011
When you name a color, your toddler has ten seconds to find something with that color in this wild tag game.
A healthy and balanced diet is that which is diseases free and healthy as well. This implies to every human being and is needed for all the stages in one’s life. It is vital, especially when you plan to have a baby and so, here are some of the foods to increase fertility. To have a fertile body, you must eat properly and adopt a healthy life style. Here are a list of foods to increase fertility rate.
Some foods that ensure fertility are called fertility foods and they are as follows:
- Foods rich in calcium to ensure healthy and strong bones because calcium is required during the period of pregnancy.
- Tea that is green tea is the best fertility food because it enhances fertility. It has high amounts of antioxidants. This helps in making the immune system healthy and strong. Drinking green tea would make your conception chances double.
- Fruits that are rich in vitamin C i.e. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemon and berries. These fruits enhances the fertility rates by strengthening and boosting the immune system. This is just paving the way to a successful and healthy conception.
- Whole grains, nuts, green leafy vegetables are foods that can increase the fertility rates. They contain vitamin B6 and folic acid, which regulates the hormones for the reproduction process. The folic acid prevents congenital deformities of the neural tube in the fetus.
- Water, which is the last but not the least food among the important fertility foods. Consume at least eight glasses of water would ensure you to have a fertile and healthy life. Water assists in cleaning the body off all the toxic matter from within the body.
These are some of the foods to increase fertility and ensures you to have a healthy and fertile life.
As Fast Five arrives in theaters on Friday, April 29th, 2011, it's time to go look back at the films of the series, and how it evolved into a phenomenon.
Are you trying to follow a nutritious diet plan? Snacks are a great way to get started. You can have servings of fruits, vegetables, and calcium rich foods. Melinda Johnson a registered dietitian and national spokesperson for the American Dietic Association, states that munching on small portions of healthy foods throughout the day can reduce the hunger. It removes fatigue and provides your baby with all the nutrients. Here are some of the healthy pregnancy snacks needed for you to make your snack break delicious and satisfying.
Top 10 Healthy Pregnancy Snacks
Foods that are convenient tastes good but the unfortunate thing is that it is full of preservatives and other ingredients. There are a number of easy and quick foods that are good for your health and the baby as well. During pregnancy, what you need is a light meal or a snack to keep you full till your next full meal. Here are some of the top 10 healthy pregnancy snacks:
- Fruit Servings: Eat an apple, orange, banana or any other favorite fruit. You can use the little 4-ounce fruit cups that can be counted as one serving. This meets your daily recommended quota of fruits during pregnancy. Choose natural juices than the ones with added preservatives and sugary syrups.
- Raisins: A small box that is one and half box provides a little boost of iron, fiber and potassium and it satisfies your sweet tooth as well.
- Yogurt: One container with 6 ounces of this convenient and nutritious food provides nearly 25% of the daily requirement of calcium and protein as well. It is also packed with vitamins and minerals. If the label on the container says “active and live cultures,” then you get the benefits of probiotics as well. These help in proper digestion and even protects the entire digestive tract.
- Trial Mix: Add one cup of whole grain cereals to a handful of your favorite dried nuts and fruits. You can even add almonds, cranberries, walnuts and cherries. You can keep them in a resealable bag in your car or desk for a crunchy snack.
- Salad Bar: Some of the restaurants, fast-food centres and other stores have something called salad bars, where you can serve yourself a whole days worth vegetables and fruits. Load yourself with carrots, celery, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes and cucumbers. You can even add kidney beans, nuts and chickpeas for getting loads of protein. Top up with raisins for fiber, potassium and iron.
- Baby Carrots: Carrots are rich in fiber and vitamin A and you can get them in single-serving bags. You can dip them in yogurt or hummus to get that extra dose of nutrition. You can just dab salad dressing for flavor. You can even add other veggies like cauliflower, spinach and broccoli.
- String Cheese: Most of them are not aware of this string cheese but this would surely become your favorite snack. These low-fat mozzarella sticks are packed with calcium. One stick of mozzarella stick provides the same levels of proteins that you might get in an eight ounce glass of milk.
- Orange Juice with Vitamin D and Calcium: Half cup of orange juice provides you with the daily requirement of Vitamin C and around 15% of the calcium. You can keep a bottle of juice and drink it where ever you go, but check the labels on the juice bottle for maximum fortification.
- Whole Grain Cereal or Instant Oatmeal: You can keep this in single-serving packages at your work place in the desk for a filling and a quick snack. Now-a-days, most of the breakfast cereals are fortified with the required minerals and vitamins, which even includes folic acid.
- Fat-free or Low-fat Cottage Cheese: Low fat cottage cheese is an excellent source of proteins and has some amounts of calcium as well. You can search for single-serving containers in the grocery stores. You can top it with fruits or even a handful of dried fruits and nuts to make it more tastier and pleasing to your taste buds.
These were some of the top 10 healthy pregnancy snacks that are packed with all the vitamins and minerals needed for you and the baby throughout the pregnancy. But there are certain foods that you need to avoid as they can be harmful for you and the baby as well. So, read on to know some of the foods that you need to avoid strictly.
Foods to Avoid
Here are some of the foods that you need to avoid:
- Packaged ramen noodles: You need to read the label because these fast cooking noodles are packed with fat and salt, which are unhealthy, especially during pregnancy.
- Soda: Do not fill your stomach with empty calories and sugary drinks as you would not have space for other nutritious drinks. Low-fat milk, juices and water are the better choices.
- Commercial Lunch: Commercial lunch bags are nothing, but the fast foods that are regarded as as a quick fix for the hunger pangs. These have nothing other than fats and salts that make them a poor choice for snacking. There are many other healthier options and all you need to do is to grab all the required nutrition. Do not go for the unhealthier foods, which can cause various health problems.
- Frozen Prepared Meals: There are some frozen foods that have large amount of fats and salts. So, check for the labels and the ingredients. You can boil a potato and top it with steamed broccoli and cheese for a healthy and fast meals. If you cannot avoid these frozen foods then go for organic frozen foods that are low in salt and fats. So, all you need to do is check the labels whenever you buy something.
- Iceberg Lettuce: Opt for greens like the romaine that are high in fiber, Vitamins A, C and in minerals like calcium, potassium and folic acid. Iceberg lettuce has very minute amounts of these nutrients and this is the reason why romaine is preferred.
Other Snack Tips
Here are some of the tips for healthy pregnancy snacks:
- Do not buy the junk food.
- Think small because all you need to do is go for a small handful of chocolate chips.
- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
These were some of the tips for healthy pregnancy snacks. I hope that these tips would come in handy for all you pregnant women.
Pregnancy is the most wonderful phase in a woman’s life and so, you need to take certain health precautions to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. You can do this by making some simple yet effective changes to your lifestyle. There are many unhealthy habits that you need to stop and opt for the healthier ones for the health of the baby and you as well. Read on to know some of the health precautions during pregnancy.
Health Precautions During Pregnancy
Here are some of the precautions you need to take for a healthier pregnancy:
Recent research has shown that babies born to women who smoke weigh less than the normal. This can make them susceptible to many infections and they even suffer from breathing problems. So, all you need to do is stop smoking and even avoid passive smoking as well. This is an important precaution to be taken during pregnancy.
Another important thing, especially during the first trimester is to avoid any kind of medicine or drugs. You even need to avoid X-rays till the last trimester of pregnancy. This is because some of the important organs like heart, brain, etc, are still developing and growing in the first trimester of pregnancy. Some medications and drugs can have certain side effects and can inhibit the growth factor. So, this is the reason why certain drugs and medications are avoided during pregnancy.
Just as drugs and medicines are detrimental for the baby’s health, there are certain herbs if taken without doctor’s consultation can produce certain complications like premature birth, foetal injuries, miscarriages and painful contractions. Some herbs like black cohosh, saw palmetto, passion flower and pennyroyal have been recommended to be avoided during pregnancy.
- High Impact Exercises
Strenuous activities and exercises must be avoided during pregnancy. A pregnant woman must not indulge in scuba diving, leaping, weight lifting, horse riding and skiing. These are dangerous and can cause harm to the fetus. Hence, such activities must be avoided. Do mild to moderate exercises as it is helpful for the pregnant woman, but on the other hand heavy exercises can cause more harm than good to you and the baby as well.
These are some of the health precautions during pregnancy. If you have any doubts regarding the do’s and dont’s during pregnancy then consult your gynaecologist to avoid complications and have a healthy pregnancy.
The process of egg donation was first started in the year 1983. It has been practised all over the world from then on and in this procedure, the fertilized egg is transferred from one woman o another. However, there are many risks of egg donation for donors. Though a risky procedure, it has paved the way for many childless couples to have babies. Even parents who are afraid of genetic disorders started adopting this procedure of egg donation. Though this procedure is carried under strict medical supervision, there are many physical and physiological risks involved. Read on to know some of the risks of egg donation for donors.
Risk Factors for Donors After Egg Donation
Here are some of the risk factors that occur for the donors after an egg donation:
- Hyper-stimulation of Ovaries
Around 10 to 12% of women who choose egg donation suffer from ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome (OHSS). These occur mainly due to the fertility medications. There is excessive collection of fluids in the ovaries. This flows into the abdominal cavity, which rises to many health problems.
- Harmful to Reproductive Organs
It may even cause harm to the reproductive organs due to the procedure used for egg donation and the medications used. During this procedure, many of them may suffer from damage to the bowel, bladder and of the reproductive organs. There are also increased chances of infection that eventually results in infertility.
The egg donors are young women who have never had children, which can give rise to infertility problems. They find it very difficult to conceive and suffer from miscarriages, when they plan to get pregnant.
- Psychological Effects
About 20 percent of the egg donors suffer from psychological effects. These can be both negative as well positive. Some women are happy doing it, but there were few who were suffering with negative emotions.
Some of the other effects of egg donation are:
- Mood swings
- Weight gain or weight loss
These are some of the risks of egg donation for donors.
Many parents are mourning about their children’s misbehavior and lack of respect to them. Some parents manage to tackle the problem even before the problem arises. Developing respectful relationship between parent and children is as important as developing good relationship with others. Yet, many parents are struggling to earn some respect from their children. Here [...]
- 32 Tips On How to be A Great Parent Are you a parent or soon to become one? Want…
- How to Develop EQ in Children Developing emotional intelligence in kids is as important as teaching…
- Childhood Obesity Statistics – 18% of children Today are Obese. I got a little shock after I read an article…
Pregnancy is a difficult phase for anyone, especially when it comes to teenage pregnancy. There are many responsibilities of a teenage mothers during and after the pregnancy. Teenage mothers and their responsibilities include proper diet, regular antenatal visits to the doctor, parenting classes, school, financial support and housing. If she learns to meet the responsibilities as a teen parent then it would be of great help to establish a good future for the unborn baby. Read on to know more about teenage mothers and their responsibilities.
Responsibilities of a Teen Mom
Here are some of the Teenage Mothers and Their Responsibilities:
- Financial Support
The first and most important responsibility is that a teen mother is not able to support her child financially. Many of the teen moms may not work, but they may utilize family, friends or take the support from their father to pay the expenses of the child. Some may take help from the welfare services. This could include financial assistance to pay for the day care and also food stamps. If she has good support system then she goes to work and then supports her child.
Education is another important responsibility because finishing her high school and pursuing her further college education allows her to support her child financially. Alternative education are also available as it assists the teen mother easily. Schools that have day care and transportation also are of great use for them. Post-secondary schools also offer many classes online that allow them to stay at home and take care of the child. This allows them to continue with their education and gives them time to take care of their child as well.
Housing is another important responsibility because some have to find a house to raise their child. Though some young mothers may stay with their parents, the others might have to search a suitable housing. So, they have to search something that is convenient and affordable to meet the needs of the teen mother. Some of them who are homeless may take refuge in home for teen mothers.
- Health Care
Health care is another important factor because she has to make sure that it covers the insurance for delivery and all the care. If the baby is insured then it will make it affordable if there is any emergency for access to health care in case of any medical emergency. She can even opt for free health from the state. These would ensure that she gets the right need throughout her pregnancy and birth as well.
Teenage mothers and their responsibilities are so that is she plans well then she can raise her baby safely in a loving and healthy environment. Food, health and shelter are some of the important elements that are met to raise the baby happily. Apart from these, it also depends upon a teenage mom on whether she cares for the baby independently and the child’s needs must be first on the priority list.
Baby Bottle Warmer Cooler. The first year’s day/night bottle warmer product is the Baby bottle warmer cooler. The first years are one of the top most companies that manufacture the baby bottle warmer. At the rear of the unit, an insulated compartment keeps two 8-ounce bottles cool for up to eight hours. It keeps bottles [...]
- Munchkin Baby Bottle Warmer The baby bottle warmers are generally user friendly. They avoid…
- Best Baby Bottle Warmer Using the best baby bottle warmer is one concern of…
- Travel Baby Bottle Warmer Travel baby bottle warmer is really helpful to many parents….
Tubal pregnancy is also called as an ectopic pregnancy. Normally in a pregnancy, the fertilized egg enters the fallopian tubes and then into the uterus. The egg, then attaches itself to the uterus and starts to grow. But in a tubal pregnancy, the fertilized egg gets implanted in some other place. This occurs mostly in the fallopian tubes and this is the reason why it is called tubal pregnancy. Very rarely, the egg gets implanted in the cervix or the ovary. There are many tubal pregnancy symptoms like pain and vaginal bleeding, which are the most common symptoms.
Tubal Pregnancy Symptoms
In the initial weeks, an ectopic pregnancy causes the same symptoms like in a normal pregnancy. They include:
- Absence of menstruation
- Sore and tender breasts
- Mild spotting due to the process of implantation
- Nausea and vomiting
The most important signs of an ectopic pregnancy are:
- Pelvic pain or pain in the abdomen.
- The pain is sharp and is on one side initially and gradually spreads through your belly.
- It worsens when you strain or move.
- Vaginal bleeding that can vary from moderate to heavy.
If you think that you are pregnant and undergo these signs and symptoms, then right away consult your doctor.
Diagnosis of Tubal Pregnancy
Here are some of the diagnostic tests made to find out tubal pregnancy:
- A blood test that checks for the levels of hCG, which is a hormone called the human chorionic gonadotropin. This hormone doubles every two days during the initial days of pregnancy. But if low levels of this hormone can suggest that there is a problem like tubal pregnancy.
- A pelvic examination to check the size of the uterus and feel for the tenderness or growth in the belly.
- An ultrasound is another test that helps in the diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy.
These are some of the diagnostic tests, but there is no way to save a tubal pregnancy. If the egg keeps growing in the fallopian tubes then it can burst the tube by damaging the fallopian tube. This can cause severe bleeding and can turn very dangerous as well. If you have an ectopic pregnancy then you might need immediate treatment before it gets complicated.
These are some of the tubal pregnancy symptoms. If you observe these symptoms, then immediately consult a doctor for further treatment to avoid dangerous complications.