Upper back pain is a common symptom that occurs in the late pregnancy because of the enlarged uterus. The uterus stretches upwards, which makes it difficult for breathing. There are many tips for upper back pain in pregnancy third trimester, which includes maintaining a good posture, relaxing, and using belts for support. Read on to know the effective tips for managing upper back pain in pregnancy third trimester.
Tips for Upper Back Pain during Early Pregnancy
Here are some of the tips for relieving upper back pain in pregnancy third trimester:
- Drink lots of fluids to flush out the toxins and it reduces the frequency of urinary tract infection. This can also cause back pain and hence, drink lots of water.
- Do not bend to pick anything on the floor instead, squat and take as it reduces the pressure on the back. Stop lifting heavy things as it is proved harmful for you and the baby as well.
- Take plenty of rest and avoid sitting or standing for a long period. Sleep by elevating your legs and avoid sleeping for a long period.
- Use a belt under the guidance of a doctor as this will relieve your upper back pain to some extent. Consult your doctor before using any belt.
- Stop wearing shoes and heels, as they do not give you enough support to the back. Heels affect your posture by elevating back pain.
- Roll to the side while getting down the bed. Dangle your legs over the side of the bed and then get up slowly.
- Make sure that you sit on a chair that supports the back and you can place a pillow behind the back. When you want to stand, rest your foot on the footstool and keep changing the position of your feet.
- Apply heat pads to the back as it provides relief from the pain.
- Ice application or cold compress is another way to reduce back pain.
- Back massage is another helpful way to reduce pain.
- Exercises like walking and swimming helps in making your back stronger. You can even try cardiovascular exercises, pelvic tilt exercises strengthening and stretching exercises. Consult your doctor before starting any exercise regimen.
These are some of the simple but effective tips for upper back pain in pregnancy third trimester. Now that you have come to know the tips to relieve back pain, start following them and have a painless, healthy and a happy pregnancy!